Go to top
Wicked Campers Africa
Save Dollars on Your Campervan Roadtrip in Africa
- FUEL COSTS – This is something you have a lot of control over and a lot of money can be saved simply by the way you drive. The optimum fuel economy for almost any vehicle is 80km/hr. So rather than doing 120km/hr on the highways, consider doing 100 and save your dollars for something else. Cut down on heavy acceleration or deceleration. All this is done by planning each journey you take and ensuring you have enough time to get where you want to go.
- MAINTAIN TYRE PRESSURE – Every time you stop, be sure to get the tyre pressure checked. You can improve your gas mileage by up to 3.3 percent by keeping your tyres inflated to the proper pressure. Properly inflated tyres last longer and create a safer journey.
- USE THE WICKED COMPASS – The people listed on our Wicked Compass page, know us and love what we do. Most of our Wicked friends offer a discount to Wicked Adventurers. So save money on accommodation, activities and even eateries by stopping at them.
- SHOPPING - When shopping make purchases at major shopping centres. Work out items such as coffee/tea, sugar, cereals, pasta, long lasting veges and buy in bulk.
- ONE WAY FEES - Drop off at the same location to avoid one way fees.
- JOHANNESBURG - Johannesburg has the cheapest one way fees out of all locations and no remote location fees either. You could save thousands just by picking up and dropping off in Johannesburg.
- MAINTAIN YOUR CAMPER – Simple care of your beloved and stylish Camper can save you thousands. Just by following some simple care instructions you will prevent costly damage. Click here for more details.
- COOK YOUR OWN MEALS – Your Camper comes with all the basic necessities to make a culinary delight. Food from fuel stations is expensive and no where near as rewarding as making your own meal.